Cheesy Brunch Casserole
|Prep time||1 hour|
This hearty casserole is delicious for brunch but also makes a speedy family dinner. Make ahead and chill for up to 24 hours. Serve with a fruit salad that combines fresh and canned fruit.
- 9 c whole wheat Italian or French bread cubed (9-12 slices)
- 2 cn (14.5 ounce) Libby’s® Mixed Vegetables, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 2 c fat-free milk
- 2 t dried basil
- 1⁄4 t salt
- 1⁄4 t pepper .
- 1 1⁄2 c (12 ounces) cooked, lean, reduced-sodium ham, cubed
- 2 c (8 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 c Parmesan or Romano cheese, fresh grated
Coat 13x9-inch (3 quart) baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, place bread, vegetables, and onions in a large bowl; set aside. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, basil, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture and mix gently.
Arrange half of bread mixture over bottom of baking pan; sprinkle with ham and 1½ cups Cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bread mixture; sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese and with Parmesan cheese.
Bake uncovered in a preheated 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until set.