Sausage Reuben Puffs
Recipe by The Kitchen Prep
Serves: 12 puffs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
Filled with the flavors of a Reuben sandwich — Libby’s Crispy Sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, & Russian dressing — these savory puff pastry appetizers make a party-perfect bite for any occasion.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll or press out one sheet of puff pastry into a 9x12 inch rectangle. Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the puff pastry into twelve 3x3 inch pieces.
- Gently press each piece into the well of a muffin tin; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the drained sauerkraut with Russian dressing, crumbled sausage, and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. Mix until well-combined.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Scoop the filling by the heaping tablespoon into each of the puff pastry cups. You may have a small amount left over.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle each cup with a pinch of reserved shredded cheese. Return to oven for 3-5 more minutes until the cheese is melted and the cups are puffed and golden.
- Cool slightly, then carefully remove from muffin tin and serve warm.